I was so lucky on MBFWA Day 2 to head backstage with Moroccanoil prior to the amazing Rebecca Valance and Aje shows.
Lauren McCowan (for Moroccanoil for Aje) and Violet Sainsbury (Global ambassador for Moroccanoil) were lovely enough to chat to me prior to the shows about all things hair amongst all the backstage chaos.
Check out my interviews with both ladies below...
Violet Sainsbury for Rebecca Valance:
What was the inspiration behind the look created for the Rebecca Valance runway?
The hair look for the show is built around the Rebecca Vallance signature of structured tailoring and luxurious fabrications, combined with a global aesthetic to create a chic but effortlessly wearable look that heroes the collection. A luxury blowdry with subtle movement, swept behind the ears allows for a polished look that isn’t overstyled, hair to suit the modern woman with a high end aesthetic.
How do we re-create this look?
· Dampen hair down with water and apply a mix of Moroccanoil Styling Gel Medium and Moroccanoil Treatment Light to the hair roots to ends, creating the perfect foundation for styling.
· Split the hair ear to ear and clip the front away. Blow-dry the back in horizontal sections with low volume. Use Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Brush and smooth the roots, focusing on creating soft movement through the ends.
· At the front section, take diagonal back sections and apply Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection just above the ear and extra Moroccanoil Styling Gel Medium at the roots, blow-dry behind the ear and create movement through the ends that bends away from the face. Brush in some Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong and clip at ear with a setting clip to hold and secure shape.
· Finish by spraying the front of the hairline with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong Hold to hold shape and applying a small amount of Moroccanoil Treatment Light through the ends before brushing the hair out for movement and polish.
Lauren McCowan for Aje:
What was the inspiration behind the look created for the Aje runway?
AJE is a label synonymous with effortless glamour, tough femininity and dishevelled elegance. The hair look for the 2016 show is an effortless exploration in bringing out the natural texture of each girl on the runway, to bring out their individuality and beauty while still keeping the nonchalant elegance that embodies the ‘AJE girl’. Fresh hair with movement and soft texture is detailed out by applying Moroccanoil Treatment through the hair for separation and lustre.
How do we re-create this look?
· Start with freshly washed, air dried hair. Identify natural texture and shape of hair. Apply Moroccanoil Treatment Light to increase hair manageability and create the perfect foundation for styling.
· Start at the nape, using a iron set to 150 degrees to create small bends and waves in the hair that accentuate the natural bends of the hair.
· Continue through the head until you reach the top, work with the hair’s natural part and bend a soft wave away from the face.
· Apply Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo to the front hairline and the crown for texture. Apply Moroccanoil Treatment Light to back of hand and apply to individual strands through the mid lengths and ends for texture and separation.
Visit the Moroccanoil website here